Athletic Training Services
We work with you through the season, to help keep your team healthy, practicing strong, and thriving in the game.
Our Certified Athletic Trainers meet you and your team directly at practices, games, and tournaments to help you prevent sports injuries, stay fit, and optimize athletic performance, so that you can play with less pain and spend more time playing the sport you love. We also provide your athletes follow-up care at JAG-ONE facilities, referrals to doctors, and educational resources/certifications for athletes, parents, and coaches.
With a staff of over 100 Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC), we are both the largest employer of athletic trainers and largest provider of athletic training services in the Tri-State Area.
JAG-ONE-ATC’s Athletic Trainers have love and dedication to their craft. As a team of healthcare professionals, they help each other and form great relationships with the athletes, coaches and families they assist.
What is a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)?
Athletic Training includes a variety of methods for supporting athletic best practices, preventing pain and injuries, aiding injury recovery, and maintaining the fitness of athletes and sports teams.
“Athletic trainers (ATs) are highly qualified, multi-skilled health care professionals who,” as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), “collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention, and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.”
Athletic Training is a form of Sports Medicine closely related to Sports Physical Therapy. The distinction is that an Athletic Trainer works directly with a sports team or individual athlete during practice and competition to reduce sports-related pain, prevent injuries, and maintain physical performance.
A Sports Physical Therapist is more focused on rehabilitation of sports-related injuries, often at an outpatient clinic through a long-term treatment plan. Both roles require a similar skill set and knowledge of exercise science, and both are important services offered by JAG-ONE Physical Therapy to athletic programs in the Tri-State Region.
Our JAG-ONE-ATC athletic trainers offer the following programs:
- Trained, certified, and experienced athletic trainers available per-diem for practices, games, and tournaments at all competition levels (youth, recreation, middle school, high school, college, and professional).
- Same day or next day follow-up care at a JAG-ONE-ATC Physical Therapy treatment facility by a sports physical therapist and athletic trainer.
- Referrals for injured athletes to doctors and medical professionals in all specialties.
- CPR and AED certification courses for coaches and healthcare professionals.
Benefits for Athletes and Teams include: Guidance from a physical therapist on sports injury prevention and rehabilitation; Alleviation of common sports injuries and pains such as back pain, knee pain, a, muscle pulls, sprains, fractures, acl tears, and much more — all of which means more time in the game and more freedom from pain while you play.
Educational Programs for Athletes, Coaches and Parents:
- Our educational Athletic Training programs include, but are not limited to:
- Concussion Education
- Sports-Specific Overuse Injuries: Prevention
- Sport-Specific Injuries: Causes and Treatments
- Benefits of being a Multi-Sport Athlete
- Lower Extremity Strengthening Program (L.E.S. Program)
- Coaches: Medical Risk & Liability
JAG-ONE's Certified Athletic Trainers
JAG-ONE-ATC Athletic Trainers are experienced and maintain all of the following qualifications:
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Board Certification.
- Certification by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners, The State of New York Education Department, and/or the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine.
- Certification in BLS for the Healthcare Provider, CPR and AED for adults, children, and infants.
- Insured through a personal liability insurance policy.
- Up-to-date, knowledgeable, and experienced in sports-specific treatments and exercise physiology.
- Up-to-date and informed on state laws in areas that include (but are not limited to) concussion, heat illness, and wrestling hydration policies.
In addition, our Sports Physical Therapists on-site at JAG-ONE PT locations are highly trained, experienced, and qualified in rehabilitative treatment and care for athletes.
Secure a Certified Athletic Trainer for Your Sports Season or Event in NY/NJ/PA Today
If you want to keep more athletes off the sidelines and competing in the game, then you can benefit from having a Certified Athletic Trainer at your team’s side. For all your Athletic Training needs, trust the experts at JAG-ONE-ATC.
Contact us today with any questions about our Certified Athletic Trainer program, or visit one of our many locations in NY, NJ, and PA to get back to the life (and the sport) you love!