POET, Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Testing, is used to ensure that a candidate is physically able to complete the physical demands of the job for which they are applying. At JAG-ONE Physical Therapy, we offer Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Testing to any client in the state of New Jersey.
Employers are recognizing the rising cost of work-related injuries. The use of preventive tools to assess a candidate's functional abilities prior to job placement is instrumental in hiring the right candidate for the job.
Early employment-related screening programs are measurable indices of success in decreasing overall injuries:
- Accurate physical demands analysis (PDA)
- Review of clear, acceptable criteria
- Standardized objective testing
- Occupational and job-specific testing
- Ergonomic assessment & proper lifting techniques
The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 specifies that all medical evaluation of employees must be “'job related and consistent with business necessity”, and JAG-ONE PT helps employers comply with this requirement and many other important standards. After all, “safety is no accident”.
Reasons for Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Testing
- Employing candidates who meet objective job standards
- Reducing the frequency and severity of work-related injuries
- Ensuring all employees have the physical capacity to perform their jobs
- Decreasing overall insurance-related costs, which may rise due to injuries on the job
- Improving safety standards and awareness
- Acting in accordance with policies and procedures within the employer’s handbook
- Finding out if a potential candidate does or does not meet job requirements
Although workplace accidents can result in injuries, even for able-bodied persons, the most usual cause of on-the-job injury is an employee’s inability to perform job duties.
Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Testing in New Jersey
JAG-ONE Physical Therapy proudly offers POET services at the following locations: